Letters of Support
Requests for Letters of Support for Federal Grant Applications
Thank you for contacting the office of Congressman Pete Stauber for a Letter of Support for a grant application to a federal agency. Congressman Stauber will give requests his full and fair consideration and will be happy to provide a Letter of Support when appropriate.
In order to better assist you and provide a meaningful Letter of Support, Congressman Stauber requests a minimum of two weeks advance notice prior to the submission of your grant.
In making your request, please provide:
- The name of the organization requesting the letter.
- The name and title of the person requesting the letter on behalf of the organization and that person’s contact phone and email.
- A deadline date for the letter of support.
- The catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) number and the name of your grant project.
- A brief summary of your program including its history, its successes, and how the federal grant would benefit the constituents of Minnesota’s 8th Congressional District, the region, etc. Please include any benefits such as job creation, matching funds, unique aspects etc. In addition, explain how grant funding would be used and any partners who are part of the project. The summary should not be longer than one page.
- A draft of the Letter of Support that you would like Congressman Stauber to sign. This draft would be used as a guide for a Letter of Support and may not include the same information once the final version is completed.
- The location where the letter of support, once completed, should be sent, such as a mailing address, an email address, or a fax number. Our office policy is to supply the letter of support to the granting agency only.
You may mail or email the requested information to the attention of:
Congressman Stauber’s Office
Cambridge City Hall
300 3rd Avenue NE
Cambridge, MN 55008